Monday, December 12, 2011

Goodbye Tree

We are moving soon (yay!) so to start packing I began by taking all my pictures down. I had to take a picture of my wall decal tree before I pulled that down. I actually let my daughter and her friend pull it down and they had a lot of fun doing it! It can be moved around but I knew it wouldn't survive moving houses.


I made the tree myself. I had seen a lot of tree decals on Etsy that were gorgeous, but I didn't want to spend the money and I figured it can't be too hard to make myself. It wasn't, the only hard thing was tracking down solid black contact paper. I bought the solid black contact paper on Ebay then I just drew on the contact paper and cut it out. I paid about $10 for 2 rolls of contact paper shipped and I only ended up using one roll for the tree which makes it about $5 for the tree vs paying about $75 and up to buy it ready made.
It makes me sad that I have to take it down, but at that price once we move into the new place I can always make a new tree!

I'm linking up

you are talking too much








1 comment:

  1. Wow, Thank you for sharing this, love it! Now I should make my own decals instead of buying them! I just started a new linky party, and would love for you to join in! Monday Myriad Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete