Thursday, December 8, 2011

Easy Cinnamon Sugar Flat Bread



The other day my kids had a play date and theirs friend's mom gave them some cinnamon sugar flat bread for a snack. When we got home they asked if I could buy them some. Instead I came up with a healthier homemade version. These would also make a great party snack, especially around the holiday time. You can use holiday cookie cutters to make them even more festive if you would like.


Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
Vegetable Oil
Sugar
Cinnamon


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. We cut the tortillas in half and then in strips, but you can do any shape you want, or use cookie cutters to do something more intricate. Lay the pieces on a cookie tray lined with baking paper, we used about 3 tortillas on one cookie sheet.


I gave my daughter a small bowl with some oil and a pastry brush and she got painting the oil on all the cut up pieces of tortilla. When she was done (I checked to make sure they were evenly coated, she is only 4) I sprinkled sugar and cinnamon on top of the pieces. The great thing about making your own flat bread is you can decide how much flavoring you want on them.


We love cinnamon so we were very generous when sprinkling that on, if you like less put less. You can also make these savory with and types of spices that you like. Bake them for about 10 min, let cool and store in an airtight container. I don't know how long these would last because when we make them they are with in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment